Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Easter Weekend Vol. I

I celebrated my Easter this year with some good friends here in London. This was the first time I've celebrated Easter without my family, so it felt really strange. But, I will have to admit that it was pretty awesome. Since Good Friday and Easter Monday are bank holidays here in the UK, I had a nice long weekend to relax and tour more of the city. You know what that means: multiple blog posts about Easter for the rest of the week. Hurray! 

On Friday, my flatmate, Jackie, and I woke up early to explore Hyde Park. This park is another one of those Royal Parks here in London that I keep mentioning. We walked, talked, and took lots of pictures. This park is so big that you forget that you're smack dab in the middle of a busy city. Most people use the trails that go around the perimeter, so it felt like we had the park all to ourselves when we ventured towards the middle. I'm sure when the weather eventually warms up, the parks will be packed with people.



^^Starting to look like spring over here!^^


^^Jackie has some weird obsession over all animals. She was in bird heaven here.^^ 

^^The swans are gorgeous, but they can definitely get aggressive.^^

^^Don't be fooled by these pictures. It was only sunny for like two hours.^^


Later that evening, I went on the London Eye with a few of my flatmates. When it's nighttime, the Eye and the park below are all lit up in blue, which looks pretty awesome against the dark sky. Taking pictures inside the glass capsule was a nightmare because of all the reflections.






No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs