Thursday, March 28, 2013

Versailles

Now back to that weekend in France...

On our second day in Paris, we spent the first half of the day visiting the palace of Versailles. This was another place that I've seen before on my previous trip to Paris, but it was still nice to see the grounds again. The palace is so ornate and ridiculously over the top that you sometimes forget about how people actually lived there. But let me tell you, Louis XIV had some good taste...

^^I'm somewhere in this picture....^^

 ^^Cathedral inside the Palace^^



 ^^Hall of Mirrors^^





 ^^Outside the palace are acres and acres of beautiful gardens, ponds, canals, fountains, meadows, etc.^^


 ^^Petit Trianon and its gardens, which is one of the few mini palaces located within the grounds of Versailles.^^

^^Marie Antoinette^^ 


 ^^Temple of Apollo^^




Since this was my second time here, I didn't take as many pictures as I did before. Plus, I wasn't too concerned with getting pictures of the more famous aspects of Versailles and its gardens. Eventually, I will post some more photos of Versailles from my first visit. 

You can see my first few posts about that weekend in Paris HERE and HERE!














No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs