Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Italy - Day I Vol. II (Venice)


I'm back again! Hopefully I will find more time to post all of my remaining adventures from Europe. Anyway, I will resume where I left off. Here are some more photos from our first day in Venice, Italy. Click here for my previous post from Venice.


On the first day, we walked from our hotel near the train station to San Marco's square. It took us about an hour and a half to make our way through the tiny streets, walk across all of the hidden piazzas, and cross countless bridges to get to the other side of the island. Along the way, we stopped to look at some of the shops and markets. While walking around, I couldn't believe how colorful but yet faded these buildings were. We toured the Basilica di San Marco, which was beyond amazing and incredibly beautiful. Unfortunately, I wasn't allowed to take any photos inside church. Afterwards, we took a gondola ride through a few of the canals. I wasn't too thrilled about spending a lot of money on a gondola ride, but my flatmates did not want to miss out on it. In the end it wasn't too bad, but I didn't think it was worth the money.

All in all, it was a great first day in Venice!














No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs