Monday, September 28, 2015

Camden Market

One thing that I really wished I had done when I first lived in London was to go to more markets. There are so many markets throughout the Greater London, and no two are alike. Since I still have some time before the start of term, I've decided to stop by a few of the markets this week.

On Friday, I visited Camden Town in the morning to go the markets before it got too crowded, and I'm glad I did! There was so much to see, and by the time that I left, it was almost too hard to navigate through all of the stalls. The market, which is comprised of smaller markets, is placed in an eccentric district north of the city center. Plenty of vintage clothing, second-hand books, homemade goods, and yummy food.




By late morning, the food stalls had opened up and the air was filled with wonderful aromas from all the different types of food. Truly, you could fill up by eating all of the free samples. Something to note if you are cheap. As easy as it is to get food that I'm accustomed to, I've decided to try something new: Indian food - another thing that I've always been hesitant to try, even when I first lived in London. In case you were wondering, I LOVED it. But don't ask me to name what I ate. Baby steps. 




I'm so upset that this is the first time visiting Camden Market, especially since it wasn't too far  away from where I lived before. The markets here go on and on forever, and it is full of tourists (wait, am I still considered a tourist?) and locals alike. It was definitely worth the three trains that it took for me to get there. 







1 comment:

Jordan said...

I love that you're blogging! The pictures are gorgeous and the weather looks beautiful. I hope you aren't getting too lonely since you arrived before your classes start. That was one struggle I didn't expect when I got there. Pro tip- remember that Itsu is half off everything in the fridge a half hour before close every day!

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs